- Jenny England, the Press Officer for Waltham Forest Council
- Rupert Jones, from The Guardian
- Jonathan Edwards, triple jump Olympic and World Record holder
- Andrew Shields, Editorial Manager for LOCOG
- Roger Blitz, from The Financial Times
- Julie Tomlin, an online journalist and blogger
I've also loved going back to the City and Canary Wharf, where I worked in finance for so many years, and seeing these places with a different perspective. They were physically such inspiring places to work, and although I knew that at the time I appreciate them so much more now that I am based at home.
|Southwark Bridge, close to The Financial Times' offices|
Today I've been talking to various Press Offices, and introducing myself on the phone as a journalist. I could not have imagined doing that five weeks ago, but now it seems perfectly reasonable. Others' experiences in journalism and writing are supporting me in my own.